First let’s start with our customer service philosophy. We’ll always do our best to make sure you’re happy with your purchase and we’ll always do our best to make things right if there are issues, within reason. Please read the following policies so you’ll know what to expect should you have an issue.
Returns are accepted within 30 days pursuant to the following conditions
- Item must be in new condition with original packaging.
- You must have a sales receipt. *
- Refund method is left to our discretion (store credit or gift card only).
- General stock items are subject to a 5% restocking fee if original payment method was via debit/credit card.
- Special order items are subject to up to a 50% restocking fee.
- Special order items require 25% down payment prior to ordering.
- Bicycles and standard electric conversion kits are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- All or part of the restocking fee may be waived if you elect to take a store credit instead of a refund. **
- Gift cards cannot be returned.
- Items purchased with a gift card will be refunded to the gift card less any applicable restocking fees.
* original copy of bank or credit card statement showing a charge from Local Motion Cyclery is proof of purchase (or you may show us the online banking record, or on your cellphone), must be validated by general manager.
** at employee’s discretion
Returns are NOT accepted on the following items
- Labor / services / rentals (if there’s an issue, please talk to us!).
- Consumables such as batteries, snacks, drinks, energy bars, etc.
- Items that show wear or abuse.
- Individually purchased spokes. It is your responsibility to tell us exactly (to the mm) what size you need if you haven’t brought a spoke in with you for us to measure.
- Clothing with tags removed including gloves, hats, shirts, helmets, etc.
- Used parts or closeout items.
- Any employee of Local Motion Cyclery can refuse a return at their discretion until manager approval is obtained.
These limitations do not apply to defective items or items eligible for warranty. All warranties are pursuant to the respective manufacturer’s policies.
Shipping options are available for most apparel and accessory items. Orders typically ship within one business day of being placed.
Due to our dealer agreements, some bikes may not be eligible for shipping.
|Order Amount||Standard Shipping||In-Store Pickup|
|$75 or more||N/A||Free|
Please note that some items may be subject to additional shipping and handling charges because of size or weight.
Sorry, but we do not ship outside of the Continental U.S.
In-store pickup is free for all items, including bikes and oversized products. Most orders will be ready within one business day. Please keep in mind that some items may require additional processing time to transfer from off-site locations. Other items may require additional processing time for assembly. We will call or email you once your order is ready for pickup.
If you need an item right away, please call us to confirm that the product is available before heading over to our store. Unless special arrangements are made in advance, orders need to be picked up within 30 days or a 10% restocking fee will be charged.
Warranties are honored pursuant to manufacturer policies and the following conditions
- You are required to provide proof of purchase and purchase date.
- We do not warranty items that are customer supplied. For example if you bring us a new wheel to install we’ll warranty the labor but not your wheel.
- We will objectively evaluate warranty issues and contact the manufacturer on your behalf. It is up to the manufacturer to honor their warranty based on the information we provide them. We’re on your side, within reason.
- Manufacturer warranties generally only apply to normal use. Any abuse or crash damage is generally not covered.
- In most cases other than bicycles we’ll replace the item on the spot if we believe the item to be defective and we’ll contact the manufacturer later so you don’t have to wait on them. This does not apply to special ordered items or items which we normally don’t stock.
Local Motion Cyclery Warranties
- Warranty claims on items must be made in person with the item in question. If we cannot see the item we cannot consider a warranty. No exceptions.
- New bicycles have a manufacturer’s warranty against defects. Frame and fork warranty varies with brand. Warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear, tires, tubes, damage caused by user error, improper use, abuse or crashes.
- Labor / Service has a 30 day warranty except in the following cases there is no warranty:
- If a new crank arm comes loose and is damaged and the customer declined a bottom bracket replacement, we do not warranty the crank arm nor the labor.
- If we recommend a repair/replacement and the customer declines, any labor performed on said components are not warrantied.
- Labor performed on the original equipment of department store bikes (those from Wal-mart, Target, Department Store, etc) is not warrantied due to the sub par nature of the original equipment components.
- Warranty claims must be made in person with the bicycle in question. If we cannot inspect the bicycle we cannot warranty the labor. No exceptions.
- If you opt to have us use a used part in the rare absence of a suitable new part where a delay is unacceptable, there is NO WARRANTY on used parts.
Local Motion Cyclery Labor Policies
- We do not work on gasoline powered bicycles.
- We do not work on bicycles which are unsafe to ride, examples:
- Non functional brakes (unless we’re making at least one brake functional) (fixed gear bicycles excluded from this limitation).
- Bent/damaged frame, fork, handlebars or other major component, regardless of material.
- Tires which are unsafe to ride (unless we’re replacing them).
- Any other condition which we deem makes the bicycle unsafe to ride.
- If your bicycle does not have machined rim brake tracks, we cannot guarantee squeak free brakes. Brake squeak does not indicate an unsafe condition.
Bicycle Rental Policies
- For each paying party, a state or federal issued PHOTO ID and valid credit/debit (with credit card logo) card is MANDATORY. We will make a copy of your ID and put your credit card on file. Rentals MUST be charged to your card, cash is not accepted. If you’re concerned about identity theft, you can request the copy of your ID when you return the bicycle at the end of your rental.
- Group reservations of 4 or more require a 50% non-refundable deposit payable at time of reservation and must be made using one payment card.
- Reservations made for popular bicycle related events in town require a 100% non-refundable pre-payment at the time of reservation.
- Minors must have a parent or guardian sign our rental agreement and must wear a helmet pursuant to Tennessee State Laws.
- If you do not return the bicycle and we call and email you and you don’t respond within 24 hours we will report the bicycle stolen.
- We do not provide partial refunds on rentals that are returned early. Please choose the appropriate rental period at the time of rental, especially during summer.
- Additional requirements and policies are defined in our Bicycle Rental Agreement.
- No customer, under any circumstance, may work on their own bicycle inside the shop. The only exception is we allow customers to inflate their tires using our pump.
- Local Motion Cyclery does not loan tools with the exception of a 15mm wrench and tire lever. We have a bicycle pump available for use by customers. If you have a loose screw or bolt, we’ll generally tighten it for free.
- Closeout items and bicycles may have minor defects and blemishes.
- In the event of an electric kit return, if the customer wishes their bicycle returned to original operating condition a labor charge of $150 applies.
- Bicycles left longer than 14 days after repair completion are subject to a $2 per day storage fee. Bicycles left longer than 90 days after repair completion are considered abandoned and become property of Local Motion Cyclery and will be donated or sold to cover the cost of repairs/parts. We will make several attempts to contact you before this happens, please ensure we have accurate contact information. If an extenuating circumstance occurs, please contact us as soon as possible
We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts all of the information you provide to us and prevents outside parties from being able to "see" your transaction information. When your account information is displayed on your screen, we only display the last five digits of your credit card numbers. You also have the choice of whether or not to save credit card information with us in your Online Account.
We sometimes use other companies (third-party service providers) to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders and delivering packages. They need access to some personal information in order to perform their duties but may not use this information for other purposes.
Prices and Information
Our website is intended to help you. We make every effort to maintain current, accurate prices in our online catalog. And we strive for similar accuracy and timeliness with the other information we offer here. However, inventory or pricing errors may occur, and we reserve the right to decline or cancel any orders where mistakes or discrepancies in price or stock status exist regardless of the source of the error. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience such mistakes may create. Please bring any errors you find to our attention on your next visit or by calling or emailing us. Thank you!